Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A good hunting knife for all types of game?

now i need a knife that can handel deer,rabbits,squirrel and cows because i butcher all of them a good sturdy knife because i use it for bush craft basically i need a knife that an go to hell and come backA good hunting knife for all types of game?
You are asking to much from one knife! I have been hunting and fishing a long time and one knife never doze it all. but I like buck knives and they make a lot of hunting knives. If you are looking for a knife for small game to deer I would look at the buck woodsman. The buck woodsman is a fixed blade knife with a 4'; blade small enough for small game and just big enough for deer. When I go hunting I take a pocket knife,a folding hunting knife,a skinning knife, and a small ax in my pack. No I have never needed all these knives at once but I have used them all on long hunting trips.A good hunting knife for all types of game?
A fixed blade would be your best choice since you are using it for some heavy duty tasks. Keep in mind that it would be more knife than you'd need for small game, but it would still get the job done.





Buck, Gerber, Ka-Bar and others, including Cabala's own brand have knives suitable for your tasks. Check out: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa鈥?/a> for a large selection of knives.
I use a buck 5.5 inch fixed blade hunting knife for most of the field dressing but its a little big for the smaller stuff. I usually carry three tools with me to dress a deer. One is the fixed blade hunting buck knife, the second is a skinning knife fixed blade by gerber, and third I have a H-Bone Saw for cutting the pelvis during the gut process. Some guys use the first knife for all of this but breaking the pelvis dulls a knife pretty fast and can perf the bowels.





http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?even鈥?/a>





http://www.gerberknifestore.com/site/158鈥?/a>





http://www.sageninc.com/





The skinning knife I use for small game like rabbits.
I have a 4'; Buck knife and it is pretty good. You do have to stop and hone it a couple of times cleaning a deer. My son got a Winchester knife from Walmart as a present. It has about 6'; blade and a gut hook. It is under $20 at Walmart. We have cleaned 3 deer with it at a time and the knife was still sharp. I really thought it would be too bit for deer and smaller stuf, but it works well.
Rambo's Knife........... No, lol There are at least 4 major factors you鈥檒l need to consider when choosing a hunting knife. They are:





鈻燜ixed blade or folding blade?


鈻燘lade shape


鈻燘lade steel


鈻燨ther design elements


Before we cover those factors, though, you need to decide what you will use your hunting knife for. Decide exactly what you will expect of it:





鈻燬kinning game?


鈻燭rimming shooting lanes?


鈻燦eed to be strongly resistant to corrosion?


鈻燢illing game?
There are many different knives like this available. Just look for the good name brands. Buck, Old Timer, Case, Glock, Etc. I use a Browning and i love it, it has never given me any problems.
The list is too long to write it up here. Buck, old timer (they used to make a 2 knife set in the same sheath and it was pretty good), scharade, marples....see what I mean the list is endless..just go and find one you like
Here are more knives than you can shake a stick at. Ck out Benchmade,SOG,ColdSteel,CRKT,Kabar and more.





For Discounts enter Nutnfancy
Knives like these aren't hard to come by. Just visit your local army surplus or camping supply store, they can help you get one that fits your specifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment