Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I need a google map of a hunting area in Wyoming...?

I have a permit to hunt Antelope in Wyoming, area 21. I need a google map of the specific area, but I dont know how to bring it up. Can anyone help? Area 21 is near Kaycee, but I want to get more specific.





thanks!I need a google map of a hunting area in Wyoming...?
Here is an arial photo site


http://www.terraserver.com/


Type in the city and bring up your area.


Open another window with mapquest.


Bring up your area in mapquest.


Match up the highways to the arial photo to those in mapquest.


Then blow it up and pan around as you wish.


Watch the left side of the arial for GPS coordinates. They change with the position of your mouse.


You can load these in a hand held GPS.


Load nearby towns or geo locations so you know where you are when you're out there.I need a google map of a hunting area in Wyoming...?
try google earth
Best of luck. I'm not sure how familiar you are with hunting but I live in Cheyenne, WY so I know a thing or two. Try to find an area where the antelope will graze on pasture land. I'm told that the majority of antelope live off sage and they gives them a very wild taste.





Here is some info I found off Wyoming Game and Fish Commission's website:





Area 21. Baggs. Beginning at the junction of Wyoming Highway 789 and the Wyoming-Colorado state line;


northerly along said highway to Muddy Creek north of Dad; easterly up said creek to the Muddy Creek Road (BLM Road


3306); easterly along said road to Miller Hill Road (BLM Road 3328); southeasterly along said road to the McCarty Canyon


Road (Carbon County Road 503); northeasterly along said road to the Rawlins City Water Works Road; northerly along said


road to Sage Creek below Sage Creek Reservoir; northeasterly down said creek to the Sage Creek Road (Carbon County Road


401); southerly along said road to the Continental Divide at Middlewood Hill; southerly along said divide to the


Wyoming-Colorado state line; westerly along said line to Wyoming Highway 789.';





I just went to google maps and put in ';Sage Creek Road';. You won't find much. It's near Rawlins which is a somewhat big town for Wyoming, but it's mostly just praire land.

No comments:

Post a Comment