Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Question if I'm traveling & going Hunting in Nevada State & I bring my 5.56mm AR 15 rifle with me to hunt with?

would it be safe if I kept it in the back of my truck locked up in the case while traveling.Question if I'm traveling %26amp; going Hunting in Nevada State %26amp; I bring my 5.56mm AR 15 rifle with me to hunt with?
As long as it is visible for the cops to see than it's perfectly fine. just dont try and hide it or anything...Question if I'm traveling %26amp; going Hunting in Nevada State %26amp; I bring my 5.56mm AR 15 rifle with me to hunt with?
so far as the law is concerned it must be unloaded and in a case (this in covered in the hunting regs, you can find them at NDOW.ORG), there are no laws concerning visibility, you would be wise to keep it out of sight so as not to draw attention to yourself from either law enforcement of less reputable people. in nevada you are in fact allowed to have a concealed weapon (pistols and handguns) in the vehicle with out a permit, even if it's on your person you are legal until you step foot out of the vehicle and you are only required to tell an officer if you are asked, and be aware that you have a legal weapon typically they ask if you have any illegal weapons so pay attention and don't give the wrong answer or your day will get real interesting. whether or not its safe is another matter, if its in the back of an open truck bed it would be easy for someone to pick it up and walk off with it if you leave your truck for a few seconds, I'd recommend a soft case behind the seat with the doors locked, the bed would be pretty safe if you had a locking shell.
yes but the only thing you can hunt in Nv with a 22 cal is rabbits. a 5.56 is a 22 cal it was a good in vietnam because of the muzzle velocity which make it bad for hunting and against the law. also ar 15 is not a hunting rifle no matter what you see on tv
Keep it unloaded and out of sight. Don't hide it, but don't make it obvious. If the cops don't see it they can't hassle you over it. Besides, you don't want it to get stolen when you stop to eat.
maybe, but dont get pulled over...

No comments:

Post a Comment