Friday, January 22, 2010

Any good funny hunting,fishing,rodeo story's or even embarrassing ones?

its fun to hear everyones storys. lets hear it.Any good funny hunting,fishing,rodeo story's or even embarrassing ones?
after an un succesful morning in the blind I was walking back to my truck,out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of tan,standing about 20 yards away was a big doe just staring at me,I very slowly raised my rifle to my shoulder and put her in my sights,relaxed and squeezed the trigger,CLICK!,seems I forgot to chamber a round.the deer ran off,I cursed and proceeded to the truck.I have to walk down a short patch of road as my truck is parked down the road and the other side,so I unloaded my rifle,as Iget close to the truck I can see through the windows a buck standing behind it,6 pt maybe,but no shot,I duck off into brush and put a round in thinking to get a shot on him,but when I got there he was gone.The thing that really ticked me off is he was eating the carrots and apples right out of my truck box!!.perhaps I should have brought them with me.Any good funny hunting,fishing,rodeo story's or even embarrassing ones?
I watched my brother do everything about crossing the fence by the book: open and unload the gun, lay it on the ground across the fence, go a few feet away, push the wire down, step over and fall back on your butt because a grouse took off from right under your foot.
my dad, uncle, cousin, and my uncle in law (dont know what else to call him) went pheasant hunting one day. it was the first time that me and my cousin went for pheasant. well, after about 2 hours of walking around, my uncles dog jesse james (who my aunt didnt want to go in the first place since she thought we'd shoot him or something) kicked out a ringneck. well, both me and my cousin fire at it and miss all of our shots. i reloaded and walked up to where i saw the bird land. i shot right beneath it and it flew away like a bat outta heck. i put the sights right above the bird and pulled the trigger. needless to say i got the bird. i was all smiles. we walked up to the ringneck and put it in a pouch in the back of my hunting vest. we started walking again when the birds nerves finally kicked in. it started to flap its wings and wiggle around. i put my gun down and started screaming, ';ITS ALIVE! SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT!'; ( i was only 12) it stopped flapping around and i turn back to look at my family. they where all on the ground howling at me. i atleast was the only one who got a bird that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment