Friday, January 22, 2010

Looking to start bow hunting?

I'm thinking about getting into bow hunting. My mind set has always been that bows are how the West was lost, but until I am able to leave CA, I'm thinking about compromising and getting a bow.





I'm looking for input on a decent bow for an adult male at a decent price - around $300. Thanks in advance.Looking to start bow hunting?
Like all things, go to a shop and try the bows out. They should sell used bows aswell and for $300 you can get a used Mathews or Hoyt that is 50 time the bow any of the newer ones are that run under $400. A pro shop will allow you to shoot and test the bows before you buy so you know its right for you.Looking to start bow hunting?
Let me start by saying that you are about to embark on the most exciting and aggravating experience of your life. As for the bow, most outdoors stores have used bows. Their is nothing wrong with buying a used bow. Most are good quality and the price mark down from having a previous owner can enable you to get a higher quailty bow for your price range. I have 4 bows, all were bought used, and I love all of them. I started with a Jennins which was an OK bow but then I moved to an Oneida which not only had the smoothest draw Ive ever felt but it also looked fricken cool. The only draw back is the length of the limbs ( its hard to sneak through the woods with it and it heavy.) Now I shoot a $150 Darton. I shot this bow side by side with an $800 Mathews switchback and it just felt better. You have to get a bow that feels and fits right to you. It sounds weird but the bow will choose you and when it does, youll know it.


Good luck and i hope you get into archery because it has changed my life and I know it will do the same for you.
Look at the Alpine Frontier. For around $300 you get a full set up, sight rest, quiver, everything but arrows. I loved mine til I decided to upgrade. Now I shoot the Alpine Silverado. They even have a lifetime warranty. Very nice bows for the money.
Ebay has lots of them New or Used.*
a bear archery bow is what i have and love it
Check out www.Huntersfriend.com You will learn a lot and find a great deal on a bowhunting package that's ready to shoot. I purchased from them 2 years ago and I am still impressed.
i got a great deal on one last year in January from basspro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment